Sunday, March 6, 2011

A conversation with the Lord

March 6, 2011
Our dear friend, Pastor Jeff, said one time that “faith isn't belief with NO doubt. Faith is belief DESPITE doubt.”

There are days like today when I say in simple faith, “Jesus, you're my firm foundation. I know I can stand secure. Jesus, your my firm foundation. I put my hope in your Holy Word.” despite my doubt.

Lord,
My neck and back are painful today Father. You would think that after 6 months of seeing You provide for me by allowing my neck and shoulders to not regress but stay at simply "uncomfortable", I would easily trust them to You. But every time they go from "uncomfortable" to "painful" (and this is the 1st time since we've been here in Madagascar) I fear I'm heading down hill with no return. Forgive me Lord, for my unbelief. Replace it Father, with truth, belief, faith in You that you called ALL of me here to Madagascar including my head, neck, shoulders, anxiety, and fear issues, and that You are indeed working in those areas of my life. I feel like I don't even have the strength or faith to choose to believe, just the strength and faith for my spirit to say “I believe you are able and You have my best interest in mind in order to bring Yourself glory.” Even though my physical self is doubting, have Your way in me my Wonderful Maker. Have your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment