Friday, October 1, 2010

Beaks and Tongues....

So every Saturday at AMI they have a big lunch for all the students and teachers. A Malagasy woman and her daughter come and prepare the food for everyone. So the boys and I went last Saturday to join Randy and the students. I got in line to get food for the boys and me. Rice, a cold carrot salad, and a slab of really fatty meat. I just stared at the meat for a while. It looked really familiar to me but I couldn't place it at first. “Oh, yeah, I remember where I saw this. It was just this morning outside of our fence. It was attached to a zebu. Yeah. Zebu tongue. Great.” So I gave it to the kids and told them it was steak. They LOVED it! Yuck. They actually went back for a second and third helping! Later on after lunch was over I said, “Hey boys. Do you want to know what the meat was that you ate at lunch?” “Yeah, what was it Mommy?” “It was Zebu tongue” I said. Seth shouted, “COOL! I LOVED IT! Can you order that for me everytime we go to a resturnaut?” Ah, innocence....

Seth comes home from school today and tells Randy about a new game they played called "arrowbeaks". He explained how they got on all fours and jumped and ran in place..... Later this evening Seth was telling me about it and Randy was listening. I looked at Seth and said, "Do you mean aerobics?" Randy and I cracked up as Seth said, "No, Miss Ando said, "arrowbeaks!" Miss Ando pronounces /i/ as /ee/ like the French, and had the accent on the wrong syllable! Hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment