Thursday, October 3, 2013

If I truly understood.


October 3 1013

How would my life look different if I TRULY understood who God is. I've been chewing on the verses from Ephesians 3 off and on for over a year now.

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


I'm realizing that we need to be praying this over ourselves, each other, and over the church as a whole. We're not going to understand it unless God brings the understanding. It's too much for our mortal minds to fathom.
How would I look different if I truly understood the depth, the highth, of this love that surpasses knowledge? It would effect how I view myself, others, HIM! Now obviously perfection doesn't come until we are standing before Him, but am I asking Him to help me understand the knowledge of His love, to be EFFECTED by this knowledge and to change the atmosphere around me due to this knowledge?
And so today I pray this over myself, my family, the church....you. How will you allow this knowledge to change the atmosphere around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment